- On My Bookshelf – The Singing Game
- Hidden Lives in Victorian England
- Update: The Return of the Knife
- The Prostitutes’ Graveyard
- London in the Plague Year
- On Memory and Churchill’s Funeral
- An Impromptu Health Seminar
- What Handel’s Messiah Means To Me
- A Good Guy With A Narwhal Tusk
- Can You Say Poulsbo?
Category Archives: Uncategorized
This is an update to the tale told in my earlier post London in the Plague Year wherein my husband Mel’s pocket knife was confiscated at The Shard. The knife was destined to be turned over to the Metropolitan Police … Continue reading
Like so many people across the world I watched with horror as Notre Dame Cathedral burned. I felt grateful that I had the opportunity to enjoy its beauty before this devastating fire. After my visit I wrote favorably about how … Continue reading
Good news – Dispatches From the Former New World is now ad free! I have upgraded the site to get rid of those annoying and ugly ads.
I just added a new page with information about the antique maps featured as the headline image of my blog. Click on Maps on the menu bar above to see the full images with details on cartographer and date. My … Continue reading
This sampler is dedicated to Senator Elizabeth Warren With thanks to Senator Mitch McConnell for inadvertently summarizing the History of Women in just eleven words Created without traditional needle and thread in Photoshop Elements